1. Data Protection Statement
The operator of the werk_39 website and entity responsible for data protection is
Am Aesculap Platz
2. General Information on Processing Personal Data
We gather, process and use your personal data in compliance with the data protection laws of the Federal Republic of Germany and the European General Data Protection Regulation. In no case will we forward your personal data to third parties outside of the B. Braun group for advertising or marketing purposes without your consent.
As an international company, we work together with external service providers. To the extent that processed information contains personal content, corresponding contractual agreements and organizational measures have been enacted according to applicable law which ensure the security of your information. Our external service providers are bound by our instructions and are monitored regularly. Our employees are trained to handle personal data and have committed in writing to comply with data protection regulations.
We draw your attention to the fact that data transmission via the Internet (e.g. when communicating by e-mail) may involve gaps in security. We attempt to protect your data from unauthorized access by third parties by means of precautions such as pseudonymization, data economy, observing deletion periods and in consideration of the current state of the art technology. Despite these protective measures, however, we cannot completely rule out unlawful processing by third parties.
3. Data Processing in case of access from Internet
When you visit our website, our web servers save each access temporarily to a log file. The following information is captured and processed until automated deletion:
– Anonymized IP address of the computer requesting the information
– Date and time of access
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Access status/http status code
– Volume of data transferred in each case
– Operating system and its interface
– Identification data of the browser and operating system used
– Language and version of browser software
– Name and URL of the data retrieved, content of request
– Report of whether the retrieval was successful
– Website from which the access takes place
– Name of your Internet service provider
When this website is used purely for informational purposes, we will only collect those personal data that are necessary in technical terms in order to display the website and enable the use thereof (establishment of a connection), for system security and stability, for the technical administration of the network structure and to optimize the website. The legal basis for this is a legitimate interest on the part of B. Braun (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
You may object to this data processing. Insofar as you object to the use of this data, we hereby inform you that our services may only be usable to limited degree.
This personal information is not processed beyond the cases indicated above, unless you explicitly consent to further processing.
4. Purpose and Scope of Data Use
In accordance with the principle of data avoidance and data economy set out in the General Data Protection Regulation, we only process personal information on our website when it is either required for your desired purpose, we are obligated to do so due to legal regulations or contracts, if we have a legitimate interest and/or if you voluntarily provide the information to us.
When entering your personal or business information (e.g. email address, name, address), the disclosure of your information is performed on an explicitly voluntary basis.
We collect, process and use your contact and business-related information for the purpose of contacting you in connection with existing or pending business relationships. In addition, with your input, you declare your consent for the information entered to be processed for the purpose designated by you. We process your provided information only as long as required for the intended purpose and delete it after fulfilling the purpose or after expiration of the respective storage periods.
5. For what purpose is your data used?
Legal basis for the processing of data for the purposes stated below:
– If the user has given his consent, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO (e.g. information on future events) applies
– If we as the responsible party have a legitimate interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO
– If it’s necessary to fulfil a contract Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b. DSGVO
– For the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which we are subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO
– Due to public interests, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e DSGVO
We use the collected data to provide you with your required products and services, to inform you about other B. Braun products and services and to help maintain our websites and services. Data may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about your registration and participation for an event
- To send information
- To develop new (digital) products and services
- To register you for competitions, programmes or offers at your request
- To deliver other services which we have offered to you
- To develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests
- To analyse the use of our products, services and websites
- To perform surveys on our websites
- To find out how you discovered our website
- To implement our General Terms and Conditions of Business and other administrative operations of our business
- To protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
If there is the possibility of giving personal data on our digital offers, we ask you to check for yourself which data you would like to disclose to us. Voluntary information is recognizable as such.
6. Registration, administration & processing of Events
For registration to our werk_39 events, we use the booking platform of Eventbrite Inc. (“Eventbrite”).
If you would like to do a registration for a specific werk_39 event and click on the respective link, you will be forwarded to the website of Eventbrite.
Eventbrite will collect, process and use the following personal data for werk_39 events:
– E-Mail Address
– Organisation / Company
– all relevant information on the event
In order to find out which tasks Eventbrite performs as a processor and how Eventbrite processes and protects personal data on behalf of werk_39, please refer to Data Processing Supplement – Data Processing for Organizers outlined in this link:
As event organizer, we obtain from Eventbrite personal data, in order ensure your check in / authentication / administration e. g. to provide information before and after the event to you, in order that you may take best-possible benefit from our complete performance portfolio. Processing of data is done acc. to Art. 6 Abs. 1 Lit. b) DS-GVO / GDPR. This means, that you provide your personal data to us based on this legal basis.
Eventbrite registration platform is made available by Eventbrite Inc. 155 5th Street, Floor 7, San Francisco, CA 94103. They are represented in Europe by Eventbrite NL BV, Silodam 402, NL-1013 AW Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Eventbrite is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield and thus committed to adhere to European Data Security Standards. More information on this can be found on:
Upon your registration as participant to a werk_39 event, you will receive certain information by e-mail. This could be actual news, confirmation and other services around the event, modification of program or line up, detailed information on speakers and lectures, or also notification to changes in terms of conditions or data security, if applicable.
As participant to our event, you receive also recommendation for similar events, but only, as long as your consent to do so is available. Legal requirements will be strictly adhered to.
Processing of data for providing information, which are helpful to participate in our werk_39 events is done as per Art. 6 Abs. 1, lit. b) DS-GVO/ GDPR. Processing of data for sending event recommendations as per Art. 6 Abs. 1, lit. a) DS-GVO/ GDPR.
Should you not wish to receive any information to the event or similar event information, you could revoke your consent at any time. This is possible, by addressing an informal notification to info@werk_39.com
We will store your data until your further notice and / or as long as we could assume that you are interested in receiving information on the event and resources provided therewith, not longer than 24 months.
7. Your Data Protection Rights as an Affected Customer
Your rights as data subject include the following:
- To request information about the personal data we have stored about you,
- To have incorrectly stored data corrected,
- To have data that is no longer required deleted, provided that it is not subject to a retention obligation,
- To demand from us that, as far as the legal requirements are fulfilled, we restrict processing of their data
- To demand from us that you receive the data you provide in a structured, common and machine-readable format or that we transfer it to another responsible person
- To make a complaint to the competent supervisory authority: State Commissioner for Data Protection Baden-Württemberg, Dr. Stefan Brink, Königstrasse 10 a, D- 70173 Stuttgart, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org
Revocation: If you have given us your consent to process your data, this can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. The lawfulness of the processing of your data until revocation remains unaffected.
Contradiction against processing on grounds of legitimate interest: You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time if this is done by Werk_39 out of a legitimate interest (pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO).
Contradiction against processing for the purpose of direct marketing: You can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time (“advertising objection”). Please let us know via our contact: info@werk_39.com
8. Protection of Minors
As a rule, children and persons under the age of 18 should not transmit personal data to us without the permission of a/the parent/s or legal guardian/s. We do not request personal data from children and we affirm that we do not knowingly collect personal data from children, to use this data in any way or to disclose data to third parties
9. Transmission of Data over the Internet
The internet is an open, global platform. Due to the way in which the internet operates and the system-related risks, all transmission of data carried out by you is at your own risk. Other policies may only apply if we offer you an encrypted transmission route
10. Transmission of Data over the Internet
We have taken substantial precautions to ensure the security of your data. The personal data you have entered on HTML pages (contact forms) and that is stored by us, shall be transmitted to werk_39 in encrypted form (SSL – Secure Socket Layer) via the public data network, and stored and processed at B. Braun.
Cookies are small text files that are stored locally on your system. Here they pose no threat, do not contain viruses and are simply used for the retrieval of information. Cookies allow us to recognize your preferences, for example, and therefore to adapt the website and its navigation to your needs.
13. WEB Analytics
We have concluded a contract with Adobe for the contract data processing and implement the strict stipulations of the German data protection authorities in full when using Adobe Analytics.
14. Social Media Plug-Ins
As part of B. Braun’s internet presence, third-party content may sometimes be used (plug-ins). This can take the form of Youtube videos, RSS feeds or graphics of other pages, or social media buttons, such as the Facebook Share button.
If you are on a B. Braun website in which third-party content is embedded, a connection with the respective social network may be made. Through this, the content of the buttons may be transmitted to your browser and thus be integrated into the website. This means the respective provider always receives the information that you called up from the B. Braun website. It is not relevant whether you are a member of a social network or that you are not logged into one. Furthermore, irrespective of whether you actually interact with the embedded content, information is automatically collected by the social network. The following information can be transmitted here: IP address, browser information and operating systems, screen resolution, installed browser plug-ins (e.g. Adobe Flash Player), origin of the visitor (if you followed a link) and the URL of the current page.
If you are logged into a social network while you are using the werk_39 website , the information relating to the call-up of the website might be linked to your member data and stored. If you are a member of a social network and you do not want this data transmission to take place, you must log out of the social network before visiting the B. Braun website.
If you use one of the plug-ins (for example by using the comment or Share button), the relevant provider can assign the website call-up directly to your profile. This data is transmitted directly to the social network and stored there. Furthermore, the corresponding information is published in the respective social networks and is made visible to your contacts.
- Braun has no influence on the amount of data collected by the social networks. The nature, scope and purpose of the data collection, information on the further processing of the data, your rights in relation to these and setting options for protecting your privacy are explained in the data protection policies of the respective social network.
You also have the option of blocking social media plug-ins through add-ons in your browser and thereby preventing a transmission of data.
16. Your contact person for Data Protection Matters
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact our data protection officers directly. They are also available to help with information enquiries, requests or complaints:
Data Protection Department
Am Aesculap Platz
At your request, we will inform you in writing, in accordance with the applicable law, whether we have stored any of your personal data and, if so, which specific data.
Valid as at: June 2019